Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Teachers are Odd

Hey, internet! Back with another post. So today, a few interesting things happened.

During home base, a girl and guy were arguing about giving each other Kit Kats, lemonade, and salami. I just sat there watching them argue, laughing once in a while. My class is truly entertaining. We need a reality TV show; then people will truly know how many hilarious things take place at my school.

First period and second period were both boring. Second period, we had math, and we spent half the time going over integers, instead of factoring, which was what we were really supposed to talk about.

Third period was art, my new encore. I finally met my art teacher, since she was "absent" yesterday. We were told to sit anywhere we want, and that we would change the seating on Thursday. We also needed to fill out a paper, and we could write something about ourselves. Some girl wrote all the way to the back of
her paper, and from there, filled up the whole page. "She wrote me a novel" said the teacher. Then a kid said "She wrote you a Treat Peacy!" The whole class laughed and said "It's Peace Treaty!" Then we talked about media and films that have been made near us. One was "The Headless Horseman" and while we talked about it, someone said "The Homeless Horseman." It was another moment we laugh out loud to.

Fourth period was average. Had lunch and went out to play some type of volleyball, taps, soccer combination. It included a lot of screaming as well.

Fifth period was also pretty regular. We had ELA (English Language Arts), a class were most students make it impossible/render others incapable of actually learning anything.

Sixth period was science, my favorite class. We handed in our project on genetics today, and we were lectured on respect and responsibility. We had this talk because the teacher was disappointed with the behavior he had with the substitutes [on Thursday and Friday]. People had walked around the class room and talked during a test we had on Friday. The teacher also put emphasis on how easy our team teachers had made it for use to study, making study guides telling us about everything on the test. She was mad about us not taking advantage of these "freebies," and I cannot blame her. There are a small amount of excuses that you can have for not doing good on tests that allow you to have this easy of a way for studying.

Seventh period was Gym, another class I favorite greatly. We had a choice to pick which actively we could do for this quarter of the year. Right in the middle of the Gym teachers talking, the power went out, and my gym class freaked out! One of my friends saw how cool and collected I looked, and told the other kids "Triston doesn't give a ____ about the blackout. Look at him; so calm and bored!" I smiled at this. Soon after that, we got into our activity groups and waited. The power went back on, and again, my class freaked out. They all screamed "It's too bright!!!!!!" (Sorry about the overuse of exclamation points; it was the only way I could show you how they reacted).

Eighth period was fantastic. Well, only one thing made it fantastic, but it Chorus isn't a class where you have a lot of things going on. We got our old teacher back, which was awesome, since she was gone from the school for half of the year because she had a child. Other than that, nothing really happened.

Well, time for me to go work on my Social Studies project. See you tomorrow, blog/bloggers/readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment